Friday, September 14, 2012

Beer #48: Murphy's Irish Stout

Sept. 13, 2012.
 Name: Murphy's Irish Stout
Brewed by: Murphy Brewery Ireland Limited
Style: Irish Dry Stout
ABV: 4.00%
Price: $1.99 (Total Wine in North Miami)
Serving type: Can

This beer came in a 1 pint can with no expiration date labeled on it. The best part of this Irish dry was its aroma; smelled predominately of metallic toasted malts with roasted coffee bean notes. Murphy's Irish stout had a very flat watered down body; Irish dry stouts tend to have thick hardy bodies and this beer wasn't the least bit heavy in texture. The only enticing part of this beer's taste was its dry coffee bean finish which could have been smoother. Its quite the boring beer. I have had better Irish dry stouts such as Guinness Draught and O'Hara's Irish Stout. I can seen myself having this beer again.

Rating: D

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled in here trying to figure out if my Murphy's was past the expiration date. I concur with your evaluation of this can of Stout. How ever, I have had Murphy's out of a keg and it is a totally different experience. This is what I was hoping for but was disappointed. Try it after a zen zen sometime if you have the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is save to drink a 10 months expire murphy's Irish stout?

    ReplyDelete