Friday, August 31, 2012

Beer #39: Shiner Bock

Aug. 31, 2012
Name: Shiner Bock
Brewed by: Spoetzl Brewery
Style: Bock
ABV: 4.40%
Price: $1.49 (at Total Wine in North Miami)
Serving type: Bottled
Presentation: This beer came in a dark brown 12 fl oz bottle. The expiration date was not labeled on it.

Appearance: Amber colored bodied. After this beer settled there was little to no head left.

Smell: Very weak aroma. Smelled mostly of floral grains.

Taste: There was nothing impressive about this brew. The taste of sweet caramel malts was backed up by a slight hoppy bite.

Mouthful: Light bodied with some carbonation.

Overall: There is nothing impressive to this bock; its sweet malty taste was the only thing about this beer I liked. I wouldn't recommend this beer to anyone. I felt as if this bock was lacking in character. Some would argue that bocks in general are boring; I would disagree. I have had better bocks (for example Dead Guy Ale). Personally, I wouldn't have this beer again only under the circumstance that it were offered to me and even then, I would have to be in the mood for it.

Rating: C

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this review. I can now totally discount anything you ever say in the future.

    ReplyDelete